Contest terms and conditions
Natural persons (aged over 18 with a full capacity, e.g. businessmen, students or others) as well as legal persons (e.g. new or traditional companies) are eligible to enter the contest. The contest has also been recently opened for public administration organisations. Natural persons can apply as individuals or as team consisting of several individuals.
The Czech Innovation Contest key target group consists of legal and natural entities resident or operating in the Czech Republic driven to improve their environment and coming up with new ideas.
The participants can submit a project which is innovative in their opinion and has the potential to bring a change at a local or even at an international scale. Moreover, the product must be promising from a commercial point of view. Such a project will further be called "innovation". It is not possible to register the same Innovation as last years.
Czech Innovation (CIN) reserves the right to modify contest terms and conditions or to cancel the contest, respectively. CIN reserves the right to disqualify a submitted innovation unless it meets contest terms or in cases when CIN founds it necessary to exclude it in favour of the contest. CIN also reserves the right to eliminate any application from the award contest that lacks technical or qualitative requirements.
Contestants have no legal right to extort prizes or financial awards.
By entering the contest no claims or rights towards CIN concerning innovations and their potential realisation arise for contestants unless a written agreement between the contest winner and CIN states otherwise.
By submitting an application form contestants agree with participation in the contest and declares that:
- all information provided in their application form is true.
- they agree with provided personal data processing in accordance with Czech Law No. 101/2000 Coll. on Personal Data Protection as amended. CIN, as the provided personal data administrator, can process, database and distribute the data to expert judges for the purpose of Czech Innovation Contest evaluation. Concurrently, contestant agrees with the use of information stated in paragraph "Basic contestant's data" for the purpose of publishing in association with the contest and other CIN activities, e.g. press releases, CIN materials, CIN websites and other printed or electronic media. The agreement according to this paragraph is valid for a period of ten years.
- they agree with a free publication of their photographs and audiovisual records from the victory ceremony venue in press releases, CIN documents, on CIN websites and in other printed or electronic media. The publication is related to results announcement and providing information on the contest.
- they accept that the application form is not a confidential material and CIN has the right to make the application form or its parts accessible for the third parties unless otherwise stated in these terms and conditions or other regulations.
- the submitted innovations do not violate third parties´ intellectual property rights and all intellectual property rights regarding the innovations have been or will soon be settled.
- they accept the liability for any damages caused to CIN as a result of false statement mentioned in the previous paragraph. Contestants are liable to an unlimited amount for any damage caused.
- they agree that they will provide further information about the Innovation on the request, particularly in order to verify the information reported in the application.